Molecular Structure and Computation
New in Version 12, the
Molecule function symbolically represents chemical species as fully computable, first-class members of the Wolfram Language. New functions allow users to create, analyze and modify chemical species. Molecular structure visualization is possible in both two and three dimensions with
MoleculePlot3D. Support for a wide range of properties, such as stereochemistry, symmetry elements, molecular graphs and force-field energies, facilitates problem solving across all chemical disciplines.
- Create molecules from chemical names, "
Chemical" entities or SMILES or InChI strings. »
- Create molecules with defined stereochemistry. »
- Manipulate structures by adding or removing atoms and bonds, changing stereochemistry and replacing entire substructures. »
- Create annotated 2D structure diagrams. »
- Generate molecular coordinates and create multiple 3D visualizations. »