Version 12 extends and improves its already strong capabilities in geometric computing. A unified representation of geometric regions and new user-assistance capabilities enhance usability and simplify workflows. New functions allow users to easily model, analyze and synthesize geometric regions.
- Unified representation and automatic visualization of regions. »
- Attached cells for meshes with direct actions.
- Built-in fractal regions including Cantor meshes and space-filling curves. »
- Automatic region construction from 2D or 3D images. »
- Support for computing perimeter and surface area for regions.
- New spatial relations for testing region equality, inclusion and overlap.
- New planar and higher-dimensional angle computation. »
- New path constructor formed by a sequence of translations and 3D rotations. »
- Efficient generation of points uniformly on a unit sphere. »
- Improved discretization of parametric regions and graphics primitives.
- Improved support for Boolean operations.
- Enhanced region measure computations.
- Extended support for linear cells in mesh region framework.