The instruNet-to-Origin Widget populates an OriginLabs Corporation Origin spreadsheet while digitizing in realtime, as pictured to the right.
- In order to run the instruNet-to-Origin widget, all of the following must be installed on your computer. If you are not sure these requirements have been satisfied, try running the widget, as described below, and if it runs ok, you are probably ok.
- Origin V 8.6+
- Windows 7+ (64 bit)
- instruNet V3.6+
This will install a 64bit native version of "windows/system32/iNet32.dll", which will talk to Origin.
If instruNet hardware is not connected to this computer and you want to simulate an instruNet i555 hardware device (where you receive random numbers instead of real a/d values), changed file name "...Documents\ instruNet\ End User\ iNet32 Demo Off.txt" to "...iNet32 Demo On.txt". If you want to later disable simulation, rename the file back to "..Off". Simulation still requires instruNet software to be installed on the computer, which one can do for free via instruNet download.
- Quit application software that might be operating instruNet, run Origin, and click the "iNet" button. This will run the widget, as pictured below.
- Press Channels to configure channels and to enable them for digitizing. To enable a channel for digitizing, click to make rectangle red, as shown above and described here. After setting up your channels, close the Network window by clicking it's upper-right close box.
- Press Setup to set samples-per-second-per-channel and number-of-points-digitized-per-channel. Typically, one sets Number-of-Scans to 1.
- PressSave to save the setup. Everything you did in the Channels and Setup areas is saved in a .prf file. Make sure you don't save to the Program Files folder, since this is a protected area.
- Next time you run this software, you must press Load to load back your settings.
- PressStart to start digitizing, and Stop to stop it.
- For more details on how to use this widget, press Help.
Help and Support
Help and Support for the instruNet-to-Origin-Widget is available only with ADDITIVE Professional Service.